
After several of what I can only describe as "failed finishes" to two longer distance races I spent the fall determined that my running shoes were where they belonged, buried underneath a pile of discarded shoes in the back of my closet. The memories of the long untrained miles of the past were too painful to even consider a 5 or 10k fun race. I was done running forever.
After visiting with one of my oldest friends from high school I was inspired to lace up my running shoes again. She is going to run the WDW Marathon this weekend. I thought to myself, if she can do the whole thing I can surely do the half marathon next year.
Of course I am never one to do things halfway. So I am commiting myself to running the whole 26.2 a year from now. Join me in my journey to a higher level of fitness and insanity!
This blog hurts my eyes
ReplyDelete