Thursday, January 8, 2009

I bought a book!

So far all I have done to get myself closer to the finish line is buy a book from Amazon.com about training for a marathon. Most marathon training programs do not start until the Spring but I want to get a head start. I am also searching local running clubs so I can get some professional advice on how to get started. I plan on starting my outside runs on Monday. The only outside runs I completed were the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile and the Baltimore Half Marathon. I only trained on a treadmill. This was a huge mistake as it left me completely unprepared for pounding out mile after mile on a paved road that lacks the courtesty to move under you at a set pace. I completed both my races but my times were awful and I cried a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment